J.F. Valstar Bureau of Engineers was founded in 1948. The disciplines of electro technology and transport were added to the bureau in 1963. As of 1972 the name was changed into “Bureau Valstar | Simonis B.V.”, consultative engineers and part of the Onri trade organisation; this was later shortened to Valstar Simonis. Additional offices were opened to support regional projects in 1995 (Apeldoorn) and 1998 (Eindhoven). For some years now, there are the office in Amsterdam and Groningen added.